Using Mathematics across the Curriculum
‘Using Mathematics’ is the skill of applying mathematical concepts, processes and
• choose the appropriate materials, equipment and mathematics to use in a particular situation.
• use mathematical knowledge and concepts accurately.
• use mathematics to solve problems and make decisions.
• develop methods and strategies, including mental mathematics.
• explore ideas, make and test predictions and think creatively.
• identify and collect information.
• read, interpret, organise and present information in mathematical formats.
• use mathematical understanding and language to ask and answer questions, talk about and develop financial capability.
• use ICT to solve problems and/or present their work